Friday, April 3, 2009

Crock Pot Corn

I had this last Saturday at the luncheon that we did for the group that was singing at the Greeley Church and it tasted so much like the way Mom and I make corn to freeze that I thought that I would pass it on.

First, when Mom and I prepare corn to freeze, we cut it off the cob and in to a large pot. (We don't measure so forgive me if this isn't really a recipe that you might think of as being in a cook book. ) We have done like a dozen large ears this way, so go from there if you are going to try this. We bring the corn in the pot to a simmer slowly. Add a stick of real butter, about 3/4 Cup sugar, 2 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper. Simmer this until the butter is melted, stirring to keep it from scorching, just a few moments. You are kind of blanching it. We put the cooled corn in zip-lock freezer bags and use as we need by just reheating. It tastes like fresh.

The corn that we had this past Saturday with Mini Meatloaves, twice baked potatoes and salad and strawberry pretzel salad was wonderful and tasted so muck like what Mom and I do that I thought that I would share it with you. This is done in a crock pot and for that reason, count on it taking an hour to make.

Crock Pot Corn
From Renee Johnson


2 16 oz. bags of frozen corn
8 oz. cream cheese
1 stick butter
1/2 C. sugar
Salt and Pepper to taste.
Cook this is your crock pot. Stir occasionally.

Works well for pot lucks, family gathering and such.

God Bless and Hugs To All,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment