Monday, April 4, 2011

Roasted Root Veggies

While at a friends home this weekend, I was inspired by something that she did for dinner one night. I just tweaked it to suit our table. On a large sheet of heavy broiler foil, gather the following: 1 med. sweet potato, pared and cut into 1" cubes 1 med. white potato, scrubbed and julienned like for French fries 1 med. parsnip, pared and thinly sliced 2 med. carrots, pared and cut into 1" chunks 1/2 med. onion roughly chopped 2 tsp. Penzey's Herbs de Provence 2 - 4 Tbls. infused EVOO, I like Tuscan Herb from The Olive Pit (garlic and basil) HyVee offers a garlic infused olive oil as well as a basil infused olive oil. I purchased both, while at my mom's this past weekend and used some of each one. It was quite good actually and I used Mural of Flavor as I hadn't brought the Herbs de Province along this time. Prepare the veggies and mix together on the foil. Drizzle with the olive oil and the add the herbs. Mix well. Gather the foil up with the veggies in the middle and place on a heavy baking sheet or I used my 12 inch iron skillet and it worked great. Roast uncovered at 350F for 1 hour, stirring about once every 15-20 minutes. I made catfish fillets and this was the side. Great lunch. Thanks, Cindy!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment