Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Pineapple/Mango Salsa

What I am going to tell you makes about a pint of salsa so cut to what you need. 
I came up with this a few years ago and have used it with smoked pork chops, ham, grilled salmon and chicken and haven't found any thing that it isn't great with. It is kind of like a chutney, I guess in the way that I use it. Remember that I am not someone who really likes thinks spicy hot, I'm more of a middle of the road person and so is my husband.

Pineapple/Mango Salsa

2 C. fresh pineapple diced fairly small
1 mango, pared, seeded and diced fairly small
6 scallions, thinly sliced, include some of the green
1/4 C chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 of a red bell pepper diced small
Dash of Kosher salt
1/4 C honey
The juice of each of these:
Fresh orange
Fresh lemon
Fresh lime

For heat I put in cayenne pepper to taste or you could us a jalapeno pepper, seeded and de-vained.

This can be served straight away or if you allow it to masserate over night in the frig it is better.

I took a 1/2 pint of it to the local grocery and had some of my local foodies try it. It got thumbs up for sure. I plan to take this with and serve it with smoked pork chops at a group camp out over Memorial Day. There will be baked potatoes, green salad with strawberries and honeyed almond with my Raspberry Poppy Seed Dressing.  For dessert it will be Ina Garten's Oatmeal Raisin Toasted Pecan cookies.  Should be good. 




No comments:

Post a Comment