Monday, April 21, 2014

Dill Potato Salad

Every time Den has potato made any other way he waits until we are alone and then tells me that I should have made the potato salad.

We really have developed into a big fan of Yukon Gold potatoes. The flavor is pretty had to beat.

I make this and we eat on it for breakfast even. I have no set amounts so forgive me if I am guessing here. Use your own taste buds to decide where you need more or less of something.



In a large pot cover with water and add about 1 tablespoon of Kosher salt
1-1.5 # Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed and diced fairly small
Boil on a medium heat until fork tender.

Drain and wash with cold water to stop the cooking. Set aside

Boil in a small pan 3 large eggs. I like to bring them to a hard boil and then turn the heat off and let them set for about 4 or 5 minutes. Them cool them down under cold water and peel them.

In a large mixing bowl combine:

1 quarter of a Texas sweet onion diced finely or what ever sweet onion you like, just no more than about 1/2 Cup at most.

3 Tbsp dill pickle relish, don't drain it, you want that in there too.
2 - 3 Tbsp Dijon Mustard, brown mustard is really a good alternative.
1 C. good mayonnaise, we use Hellmans's Canola at our house

Mix this up pretty well and then add the now cooled potatoes. Slice the eggs and mix well.

If you have access to some fresh dill, I would rough chop a table spoon of that in .

See what you think!!

No comments:

Post a Comment