Saturday, May 16, 2009

Tea Cozies and More Tea Cozies



I have made 3 tea cozies for the Betty's Bread Basket and Tea Room. Nothing really too significant until the last one. I didn't picture it before I put it in to service but have made 2 since then and one is for sale at the tea room. I used old fashion embroidery along one side of several of the branches to form the quilting needed to stablize the batting. I was just going to give it to Betty for the tea room but she wanted it put out for sale as a customer or two have asked if we see them.


Today I completed this one.

It is too look like a slice of watermelon. I used "stich witchery" to applique the pink onto the green and then used my decorative stitches on my machine to trim it out. Small black buttons stand in for the seeds and add to the stability of the batting. Sold today 5/29/09 at Betty's Bread Basket and Tea Room for $15.00.
I have a plan worked up for a thatch roofed cottage and possibly a bisto one with a black and white checker board background and an appliqued wee chef in the middle. I also think that this one could work up onto an orange or lemon if you chose your colors, right and the thread to do the sections.
This one took 2 "fat quarters" for the outside and 1 for the lining. The yellow one took 2, one for the outside and one for the lining.
Once I get one started I have trouble sleeping so I think maybe I should leave them sit for a while. I get like this when I am working on a recipe idea to. I just can't leave it alone and sleep on it. I just have got to finish it.
Your feed back is welcome as are your ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment