Monday, July 29, 2013

Paula Deene's Zuchini Bread

I have tried many zucchini bread recipes and they just leave me flat. Kind of nothin' muffin if you know what I mean. But the Denman loves it so after what seems like a year of begging, I have agreed to make him a batch. Actually he threatened to make it himself and if your husband is anything like mine, the clean up would not be pretty. So,................................ to tell you the truth, I went looking to see if Ina Garten had anything out there and she didn't but Paula Deen does so I opted for Paula. This is how it goes and I actually kind of like this one. It has some taste, if you get my meaning.

Ingredients:

Mix together in a large bowl (I used my mixer bowl for this part);
3.25 C. flour
1.5 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. soda
3 C. sugar
1 tsp vanilla (I added this, anything that you have cinnamon and nutmeg in should have vanilla in as well, it make you taste the spices)

In a second bowl combine:
1 C. canola oil
4 lrg beaten eggs
1/3 C. water
2 C. grated zucchini
1 tsp. lemon juice

Pour the zucchini mixture in to the dry ingredients. At the mixer, combine until well incorporated.

Add in;
1 C. chopped walnuts or pecans

Pre heat your oven to 350F and spray 2 standard loaf pans with non-stick spray. Do a good job because there is quite a bit of sugar in this and it will tend to hang on to the pan a bit.
Bake at 350F for 1 hour or until a tester comes out clean.

Alternately, bake in 5 mini loaf pans for about 45 minutes.

The soda and the lemon juice make it rise nicely and the sugar adds a bit of the crunch to the crust.


No comments:

Post a Comment