Saturday, October 26, 2013

Quick Chicken and Dumplings

Are you on Facebook. I do it a bit but not tons, you know.

Many of my friends share recipes that they have found that sound good or that they have tried. Like the recipes that you so often find in magazines, I have to wonder who kitchen tested them. One of these came across as Crockpot Chicken and Dumpling. Well it sounded a bit bland so I played a bit. My husband, Den, had spend a day helping our friend with his lawn care business riding on a JD mower in the cold wind. When he called to say that he was on his way home, he requested some soup to warm up. I thought of this recipe and figured that I had an hour and could adapt it to stove top and make it better. I had all of the stuff. It took less than and hour and tasted wonderful and felt so right on a cold fall evening.

In a 3 quart pot or larger combine:

2 Tbsp butter, melted
2 Tbsp garlic infused olive oil, plain would work as well, I just like the flavor
2 lrg garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
1/2 med. onion, finely chopped

Cook over med/low heat until the onions are translucent. When you can smell the garlic for sure you have sautéed it enough.

Add:

1 entire skinless/boneless chicken breast, (I like the largest that I can get and remove the fat and chin   left at the breast bone area.)
1 box of College Inn Chicken Broth
2 cans Campbell's Cream of Chicken soup, undituted
1 bay leaf
1 tsp. Penzey's Spices Mural of Flavor
1/2 tsp. thyme
Salt and pepper to taste

Bring to a boil, stirring to combine the chicken soup in to the broth. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes.

Remove the lid and bring to a boil once again.

1 can of 10 junior sized Pillsbury canned refrig. biscuits, separated and cut into quarters.

Drop these pieces in to the boiling soup a few at a time and stirring occasionally to keep them from sticking together.

Continue at a low boil for about 15 minutes.

Easy Chicken and Dumpling and go good on a cold night after being outside all day, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment