Saturday, November 9, 2013

Beef and Noodles

Growing up we had this quite often. My MOM would use a pressure cooker to get the meat tender enough. Not sure what the cut was that she was using that she needed to do that but regardless it was always great.
It was clean up day at our church and there was a great deal of construction materials and just stuff that the old golf club had left behind to clear away and or repurpose. The temps were kind on the chilly side and the wind was blowing.
I knew we would want something hot and hearty when we got back home regardless of how long we works. I had trimmed and cubed a sirloin tip roast a few weeks ago and put it in the freezer. So, I was thinking of that when I drug out the crockpot and put a liner in it. Aren't those things a GOD sent?
I made beef and noodle without the pressure cooker and it turned out great.

1.5 lbs. sirloin tip roast trimmed and cubed into bite size pieces (I started out with about 2 pounds, I also just put it in frozen and all is fine and dandy)
2 cans good beef broth
2 cans Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup (straight from the can)
1 tbsp. minced garlic
1 leek, just the white part, split down the center and then sliced thinly, well rinsed)
1 can mushroom, with the liquid
1 package of egg noodles from the freezer department.
2 tbsp. of A1 steak sauce.
Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours stirring occasionally.

As a kid we had this over mashed potatoes. You might think that would be kind of starchy but it is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment