Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Cheddar and Stout Soup

I am about ready to pack this day in. This time next week, I should have had my eyes examined and have some idea of when I should start seeing better. Reading just kind of wears me out lately and I think it is because my glasses need to be changed. Believe me, it has been a few years since these were issued.

A couple of week ago Den and I stopped at Granite City Brewery and had a late lunch/ early dinner on our way back from Riemann Gardens. Den had some soup that was really excellent. I think that I have found a recipe that I can work with to get close to the Cheddar Stout soup that he had that day. Allrecipes offered this and I expect that I will make it as directed the first time at least. Thought maybe some of you would like to give it a try and make some suggestions. Maybe not, but we shall give it a go.

Dark Beer Cheese Soup (Allrecipes.com 6/15/2009

2 potatoes, chopped or diced (I would scrub well and leave the skins on)
2 medium onions, chopped
3 ribs celery, chopped
1 1/2 C. baby carrots (they don't say so but I would chop these if you are chopping everything else)
2 C. cauliflower florets
6 C. water (I would use chicken broth here or at least half chicken broth for the taste)
6 chicken bouillon cubes (this is your salt and plenty of it. don't add any salt to this)
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce (I would up it to 1 tbsp.)
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
1 (16 oz.) package processed cheese (this is Velveeta and another source of a good deal of salt)
2/3 C. Parmesan Cheese
2/3 C. shredded Cheddar cheese
1 (12 oz.) bottle dark beer.

Place the potatoes, onions, celery, carrots and cauliflower in a food processor; puree until smooth. Combine the vegetables mixture, water, bouillon, Worcestershire, pepper and garlic in a large pot over medium heat. Cook until the liquid reduces to about half ( about 90 minutes). Add the processed cheese, Parmesan, cheddar and beer. Heat until the cheese is completely melted. Serve immediately.
It says this make about 8 serving.

Hey, I forgot, we are going to see Angels and Demons, see you all later,
God Bless and Hugs To All,Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment