Friday, February 27, 2009

Chili Cheese Dip

Chile Cheese Dip ( I have made this for years and have no idea anymore where it came from or who shared it with me. I would bet it was one of those great Polish ladies that I used to work with in Schaumburg, Illinois)

2 cans of Hormel's No Bean Chili (if you like the toots, use the beany kind, if you want to lighten it up just a touch and I mean just a touch, use the turkey one)
1 lb. Velveeta cheese

In an oven or micro-wave proof dish empty the chili in and nuke it covered for about 3 minutes.
While that is heating cube the Velveeta into 1" cubes. Add these to the top of the heated chili and stir to start the melting. Nuke it for 2 more minutes covered and then stir again. Repeat this process until the Velveeta is well incorporated into the chili and the whole thing is heated through.

Serve warm with tortilla chips. (My old boss used to heap this on his plate by the spoonful and fill the rest of the plate with the chips and just hunker down in his office and enjoy. It got so every time we had what we called a "food day" occasion, Gary would make it a point to come by and ask me to not to forget to bring this.)

If you like it on the spicy side, Velveeta used to make this in a Mexican flavor that had hot peppers in it and I think that Hormel makes the chili in a spicier variety as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment