Friday, February 27, 2009

Mac and Cheese with.........

Mac and Cheese with

2 C. dry pasta, cook per package directions (I have a favorite in penne)
2 C. chopped fresh broccoli, add at the last 3 minutes of the pasta's cooking time

While that is cooking combine in a large bowl
4 C. shredded cheese (I usually mix them up depending on what I have and what I have a feeling for but usually keep to cheddar and a white cheese. Try it with pepper jack if you like things spicy)
1 can evaporated milk
1 pkg Albacore Tuna or can but make it water packed if you use the canned tuna (I have used a can of pink salmon as well, after I removed the bones and skin and all juice from the meat)

Add the now cooked pasta mixture to the cheese and mix well.

Pour into a 9x13 baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick (what did I ever do before they came out with that stuff?)

Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350F for 20 minutes

While that is baking mix up some topping for it with:
3 Tbsp. toasted bread crumbs
3 Tbsp. parmesan cheese

When the 20 minutes are up, remove the foil and sprinkle the cheesy bread crumbs over the top. Return to the oven for 10 minutes and serve.
I have put 1/2 C. chopped ripe olives to this and it is was great as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment